Monday, November 7, 2011

Yellowish soles..

Figure 1: Yellowish example. Not mine though.
I really dislike it if my collectibles get scuffed bad, fungus growth or the worst, yellow soles. I never liked patent leather or icy soles, but I got a pair of those sneakers anyway. The yellowing started when I wore it on a wet day and got caught in the mud. I forgot to clean the sneakers once I got back home. 

I didn't went out the next few days as it was raining heavily, so I forgotten about shoe cleaning. I was naive. The next sunny day urged me to get out only to find that the yellowish mud has seeped into the patent leather of the shoes and left a very ugly stain which is irremovable.

I wasn't dissapointed as it was initially my fault for not cleaning up and I decided that was the least of my worries. Right until the white soles turned yellow due to me not cleaning it up and keeping it dry. I don't know why am I so annoyed at yellow soles. 

I wasn't caring much for my soles. I found that certain soles especially those which contains certain plasticky materials which turn yellow due to the moist and high oxygen content concentrated on the area, despite the expensive price tag. Totally dislike this fact.

The author read somewhere in the net that people start to dye their soles to avoid yellowing. A change of care ways and brands have made the author surefooted so that the author will not have yellow soles anymore. By the way, The author will be using my Adidas Forum DB for my upcoming convocation instead of a dull black shoe.

The author is me, winter.. 

No comments:

Post a Comment