Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Vintage Electronics..

I love to collect vintage stuff especially those which has been on Earth for a considerable amount of time, made of premium materials, of quality build and lasts very long time with its own unique characteristics or design. Vintage designs are usually simple, doesn't need too much effort to push up attention unlike modern flashy design. 

With that said, I have to admit I'm not an electronic freak nor such a mobile-tech person, but I do like mobiles for some reason or the other. Firstly, the mobiles should last a long time, *I would immediately junk mobiles which lasts less than a year, never had that experience though*. I wouldn't spent too much money on the latest tech as price would drop significantly, unlike vintage collectibles.

One of my phones which has lasted me is my Nokia N93, a Symbian60 version 3 OS, it is a sponsorship present before I  entered university, circa 2006. This phone lasted me due to usage only on walks on weekends and in my room. This is due to its large size, weight, slightly sluggish and battery guzzling abilities. I preferred small phones with long battery juice for mobility.
Figure 1: Nokia N93 Black.
I still use this phone whenever I wanted to read an electronic book or just for the fun of it. Some simple games such as Raging Thunder, Sudoku and Chess are also some of the Symbian applications installed with usual university functions such as the scientific calculator.

The N93 is also part of my collectibles, which adds more diversity to my collectibles.

No comments:

Post a Comment