Sunday, June 30, 2013

Hazed Horizon

Due to the haze, I haven't been getting nice sunrise and sunset photos lately. This is due to the fact, the island I am on now is attacked by haze from the peninsular winds. There has been heavy burning at Sumatra, Indonesia which causes heavy amount of poisonous haze to attack my country.
Figure 1: The sea shore.
So as an alternative to the unattractive scene, I decide to take long exposure photos and convert them to black and white. The smoothness of the sea in long exposure is mated with the sandy beach is quite a good contrast. I wish I had a big stopper though, so that I can really make the sea smoother and cloudier.

Figure 2: Still experimenting with B&W.
The haze has also been affecting my health and the people around me, I was lucky that I am not around the Peninsular areas of my country which are heavily affected by the haze. Some say that the haze is something caused by property owners who are saving cost of cleaning up large areas of land. Some say it is intentional.
Figure 3: Sandy transition into the sea.

The haze really make the visibility bad and a lot of accidents have happen since that. I need to be really careful too as not to be involve in an accident. Now the amount of haze is lessening and it rains now and then, so I hope for a better weather soon enough.

Figure 4: Smooth-en out sea in B&W.

No comments:

Post a Comment