Saturday, July 6, 2013

Life on an island..

Figure 1: The clock tower, one of the landmarks of this island.
Life seems to be better than when I was working my previous job. Back to my old job, I wasn't even able to always mobilize and do things I love to do since work requires me to be there 12hrs and 6 days a week. I am glad I moved jobs and finally able to have a normal 8hr and 5 days job here in this island.

Figure 2: A circle of friends (WAY). 
This island was where I grew up from my childhood till I finished high schools. I left the island in pursuit of further studies and I never thought of returning to this island. I am so fortunate to be able to return to the place where I started. 

Figure 3: A mix of old school and new design.
The weather on this island is very unpredictable, sometimes it will be very hot and in just a little while the clouds may cover the skies. It may rain on one part of the island and another part may be dry. The weather is very queer. 
Figure 4: One of the road signs, Language road.
However sunsets here in this island are very beautiful if the weather permits. I am addicted to capturing those rays of lights. For the occasional sunrise, I would wake up as early as 5am to prepare and head on the East side of the island. For sunsets I'll move to West side at around 5.30pm.
Figure 5: A view of the sea from a boat.
Life is better here in this island and I am quite happy despite being alone in a big house. Love the place,time and freedom as well as the able to do landscape photography. Life isn't so noisy as in the cities, nor do they have much entertainment, but for me, a slightly slow and non-rush life is just perfect.


1 comment:

  1. A beautiful small island and i am also having a small shutdown job here but it's about to end.

    ReplyDelete