Sunday, June 30, 2013

Weekend

I was down with the sickness these few days, it started on Thursday, guess the air and ever changing weather has something to do with it. I first caught sore-throat, which I remedied with warm drinks and lots of water. I even made myself some lime drink, which was very sour to my taste due to no sugar.
Figure 1: Broccoli, my favorite vegetable. 
On Friday, my sore-throat miraculously cured and I was over-joyed when my tongue started to feel food again, however during the afternoon, suddenly my nose starts to itch and I can't stop sneezing till my nose got red. Even my vision felt so fuzzy and I couldn't concentrate doing my work.

The severity of the sickness escalated on Saturday, I rested more than 8 hours, if I don't I know the running nose wouldn't stop and I will be suffering more. So I forced myself to rest and when I woke up, I find myself feeling slightly better, with fever and heavy headed.

Figure 2: From the left, activated charcoal, table salt and olive oil.
Sunday morning, I still felt groggy. The night before, I drank a glass of  water mixed with a spoon of activated charcoal, which I believe will cleanse my body. I rested half of the day, and on the evening I eventually felt better and am ready for the new week of work. 

Through out the whole ordeal I didn't want to show any weaknesses and continued to do my work. I felt that I need to be strong despite the sickness inside of me or if any strong challenges I face. I know I will prevail with prayer and trust in God.

No comments:

Post a Comment