Sunday, November 28, 2010

Art is something that liberates the soul

Just one more day before my viva, still, trying my best to cope with that upcoming challenge, having some butterflies in my stomach, but I have already got a feel of it, whatever the outcome is, I'll accept it and I'll move on with full strength to improve myself.

Had a great day today, went out with brothers, James and Isaac, around Kg.Air and Gaya Street, manage to share some knowledge on how to determine the authenticity of branded and vintage clothing. That's the first day I'm actually wearing white, long sleeve tees, which is a Jean Michel Basquait crossover with Uniqlo.

Figure 1: The crown is the insignia of Jean Michel Basquait's artwork.
Its a very comfortable tee, not to mention the whiteness actually reflects and doesn't stores the heat from the sunlight. Just the perfect wear to the beach or anywhere on a sunny day.  Just a short introduction on, Jean Michel Basquait was an artist who incorporates words into his artwork, his artwork also expresses feelings and his background, internal human anatomy with mix of words.

The keyword for Jean Michel Basquait's art work is Neo-expressionism. Art is a beautiful and unpredictable, every little definition is different and varys in ones eyes. Jean Michel Basquait's background wasn't a good one, as his life is strewn with sadness, depression and also addiction, however his ingeniusity in bringing art to life is a gift which no other can offer.

James spotted the crown at the back of my tee, and as we searched on for rare stuffs, he came upon another tee which has the same insignia. As he show it to me, a glitter sparkle in my eyes as I bought the black, long sleeved tee for a mere small amount. A small part of Jean Michel Basquait's art have I obtained today. Excited as I was, we had our share of adventures.
Figure 2: Words incorporated in art.
More adventures to come, as I collect more and more of this small pieces of somewhat cheaper yet rare and beautiful depictions of artists. One may not agree with me but as quality is very important in a denim, art is something that liberates the soul.

"Walks of a collector"

No comments:

Post a Comment