Thursday, November 4, 2010

Footprints.. Sometimes we don't realize..

This is a beautiful story which I have heard from sermons, read in chicken soup and seen almost everywhere in spiritual Christian sites. This is the story in where in life, when we feel that we're alone, and we start to lose faith and hope as the mountain of challenges is ahead of us. This is an amazing story which inspires me to the max.

The story goes,

One night I had a dream, I dreamed I was walking along the beach with the Lord, and across the sky flashed scenes from my life. For each scene I noticed two sets of footprints in the sand, one pair of footprints belonged to me, and the other to the Lord.
 
When the last scene of my life flashed before us, I looked back at the footprints in the sand. I noticed that many times along the path of my life, there was only one set of footprints.I also noticed that it happened at the very lowest and saddest times in my life.

This really bothered me, and I questioned the Lord about it. "Lord, you said that once I decided to follow you, You would walk with me all the way. But I have noticed that during the most troublesome times in my life, there is only one set of footprints.

I don't understand why in times when I needed you the most, you should leave me.The Lord replied, "My precious, precious child. I love you, and I would never,never leave you during your times of trial and suffering.When you saw only one set of footprints,It was then that I carried you."

Figure 1: The touching "footprints" story.

No comments:

Post a Comment