Monday, November 29, 2010

Vintage Levi's 517 Top Button No.8

Almost the whole day is spent to practice for my upcoming viva which is approaching in less than a day now. Still me and my sweet heart manage to squeeze some time together for an outing, as we went and go for a stroll together, I came across something really vintage.
Figure 1: The vintage stitching, Talon zipper and still perfect button.
Spotted with my own eyes this time, I spotted a tagless seasoned pair of Levi's, just by looking at it's bootcut features, I knew at once that it is a Levi's 517. However the backpockets and also arctuates are really different from the usual Levi's 517s before.
Figure 2: The close up of the Talon 42 USA zipper.
Immediately I took it, and searched its zipper, and to my suprise it is a Talon 42 zipper made in USA, a positive vintage indication. And right at the backpockets, its red tab only states an R. This really signifies something special about these pair of jeans. I tried to put it on, but it wasn't my size anyway. I was reluctant.
Figure 2: The "R" indicates something special about this vintage item.
And then I search the innards of the jeans for a care tag, and there is a small care tag with instructions, size and also model and year of make. These pair of Levi's jeans were made in the USA in the year 1979. Whoa, that's a long time ago, I wasn't born yet. This is really a pair of vintage jeans. And even though it doesn't fit, in my mind, I must get hold of a pair of these.

Figure 4: Vintage Levi's care tag.
So, basically today I had a great time with my sweetheart and we spent time together in a calm and unstressful way despite the upcoming viva. So, all the best to us and all those having their viva tomorrow. God bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment