Thursday, November 4, 2010

Study, study, study..

Figure 1: I've already had a large collection of engineering books.
Everyone in an early or sometimes older phase of life faces time being a student. A student is a person who learns either in a higher insituition or a place of learning. Being a student means that you have all the right to learn and get the most out of your learning experience. A student faces lots of challenges be it directly or indirectly and this varies from a person to person. Still the ernest willingness to learn comes from the heart of the person itself. And of course, every person wishes to fulfil their own objectives during this phase of studying, which most people aim for which are better jobs with better monetary benefits.

Still, why does studying in Malaysia seems to be more systematic rather than  according to the students interests. Why since I was a student since small am I lead to such a rigid way of learning. Is this what learning supposed to be? Aren't learning supposed to be universal, wholly and unlimited. Why does the only path of study be from the Ministry of Education which has kept changing the whole syllabus to either English or Malay or so called Bahasa Malaysia, imposing and also removing exams.

Does that make sense? I've been studying in the Malay medium, where the teacher teaches in Malay, and everything, including scientifical and mathematical abbreviations have been directly translated to Malay which are so, unconvinient and this absolutely made me lost interest in those very interesting subjects. I really tried my best to seek interest and also convey to my parents that I've lost interest, but due to my lack of convincing and inexperienced behaviour which leads me to be called a lazy boy, I didn't manage to convince them.

How about today, well, they are definitely changing the English for Maths and Science back to Malay, its no suprise to see that today, and to look back the hardship which I felt during my younger days as a primary and secondary student. The education ministry of Malaysia, certainly fails to get the best education for Malaysians not to mention Sabahans. I got the worst education plus my incredible lack of interest, so it is a miracle that I manage to get into the University.

Me, myself taking engineering is considered blasphemous as my mathematical and physics as well as chemistry background is really bad during my secondary school. Still, I can't blame the mindset of people teaching me at the time, I can't blame the system, but I can still fight the wave and I believe that I can go to university. A dead fish follows the flow, while a live one should fight the waves no matter how strong they are.

Now, I'm on my final year, with all those thick books, and examinations which are considered as a semester chore, with final year project rushing me around and also the limited time which made the days pass so fast. It's already the end of my first semester of my final year, and I felt as though I was just starting. Studentlife can make you so, unstudent sometimes.

Enough with my ravings, there's lots to be done and I really do hope I still can blog more with the finals in a week time. Still, rest and also the occasional entertainment as well as submission to God Almighty is my most priority. May my path tread according to His will and may my actions tally to Him.

Praise the Lord who has blessed me with endless love..

Figure 2: Nothing wakes you up better than a cup of milo made with love.

No comments:

Post a Comment