Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Amazing Grace - Chris Tomlin

Figure 1: Amazing Grace in pg 53 of the Olney Hymns.
Newton wrote the words of "Amazing Grace" from personal experience. He grew up without any particular religious conviction but his life's path was formed by a variety of twists and coincidences that were often put into motion by his recalcitrant insubordination. He was pressed into the Royal Navy and became a sailor, eventually participating in the slave trade. One night a terrible storm battered his vessel so severely that he became frightened enough to call out to God for mercy, a moment that marked the beginning of his spiritual conversion. His career in slave trading lasted a few years more until he quit going to sea altogether and began studying theology.

I have been a Christian since childhood, and always been in the joy of a loving Christian family but I never truly understood the character of Christ. Maybe its due to my ignorance and unmaturedness which finally led me out of my family a weak Christian. I came out of my home a very empty and ignorant person seeking nothing but the joys of a worldly life.

Due to the Lord's mercy, the Holy Spirit softly whisper to my heart, "Seek ye first the kingdom of God". I cried inside struggling with this worldly flesh. Jesus came and gave me comfort. No matter the tears  and hardships come, in prayer I felt stronger than ever as I pour out my every burden to him. I am a stronger person in Him and in everything rely on Him.

Lord, you have given me a life which was great and full of joy. Still there were times when I just don't appreciated it and fall down in my walk of faith. Jesus lifted me up and gently held my shoulders and said, "Walk Alfred.. Walk and tell the world about Me, about My love for you and everyone else". 

Thank you Lord Jesus, no words can adequately praise, or thank you for your Amazing grace. You made me all that I am. Thank you Jesus, for loving me, when I didn't love myself. Thank you for believing in me, when I didn't believe in anything. Thank you for the Cross, Lord, and your nail pierced hands, which bore my sin. Lord, thank you for forgiving me. great is the name of Jesus. Who among the Gods is like you, Lord? Lord, thank you. I love you Jesus!

 Amazing Grace by Chris Tomlin

"Amazing Grace (My Chains Are Gone)"

Amazing grace
How sweet the sound
That saved a wretch like me
I once was lost, but now I'm found
Was blind, but now I see
'Twas grace that taught my heart to fear
And grace my fears relieved
How precious did that grace appear
The hour I first believed
My chains are gone
I've been set free
My God, my Savior has ransomed me
And like a flood His mercy rains
Unending love, Amazing grace

The Lord has promised good to me
His word my hope secures
He will my shield and portion be
As long as life endures

The earth shall soon dissolve like snow
The sun forbear to shine
But God, Who called me here below
Will be forever mine
Will be forever mine
You are forever mine 

Below will be the video for this beautiful song, Praise our Lord for everything..

No comments:

Post a Comment