Saturday, October 16, 2010

My faithful 4X4

When I first learned to drive, it was December 2003, after my SPM exams, when my dad suddenly asked me to drive his blue Mitsubishi Pajero. Imagine, someone who never drove before, suddenly asked to drive a huge fourwheel drive which is also manual transmission, even the size of the engine scares me, 2500cc, scary huge and hard to control was my fear factor at the time.

The Mitsubishi pajero, was my dad's first four wheel drive and I used to remember when my dad first bought that car during the year 1993, my sister can't stop bragging. She went like this, "Daddy saya ada Pajero". Well she was a small kid at the time and so was I. Still I never thought that I would be the one using it, even though when it reached me, it wasn't in the cool and nice condition which I expect. Nevertheless, I am grateful..
Figure 1: The road of life with a Pajero.
When I first entered college, which was in the year 2004, I just used public transport and going around the college was easy as all the buildings are close together unlike my university. But after I moved out of my college hostels, things get more harder as transportation is quite unreliable especially if you have to attend classes and of course I winded up to class always late.

Then, my dad, send the Pajero back to Sabah, due to expensive road tax at the Peninsular. So I got hold of it but due to 2 years never driving, I have to relearn, but it didn't took long and I became a pro in driving that four wheel drive. However due to its un-consistent maintenance, it constantly leaks engine oil, but it still rode strong and I manage to visit lots of places with it.
Figure 2: All indications & handling in working conditions.

There are lots of memories I had with the Pajero, too much to share with in this blog, and even through the university life, the Pajero L049 is always there to bring me anywhere I go. If the Pajero still lasts till I grow old, I'll still definitely drive it, If it's engine fails, I'll put in a more powerful turbo diesel commonrail which is used in the Mitsubishi Triton.

All in all.. Beautiful and tough ride even after 18 years.. I would like to give my thanks to my parents for sending me the Pajero..
Figure 3: Pajero needs a paint job soon.

4 comments:

  1. ahhh.... i miss ur ride bro... i just bought an SLK recently :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow bro.. lemme ride ur SLK pretty please? :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. its my small little kancil! haha... tired of driving manual in KL roads... maybe wanna get a ford fiesta or peugeot 207 auto when the trees grow money! XD

    ReplyDelete
  4. the ford fiesta is a smart choice.. compact, powerful and economical as well as uncompromised safety packed package.. =)

    ReplyDelete