Sunday, October 10, 2010

High Cut Foot Wear

Figure 1: Converse High Cut All Leather.
I've always loved high cut foot wear, especially boots. I used to have Red Wing boots which are high cut and I love it, those are work wear so which I get during my internship with an Oil & Gas company. I gave it away with full generosity to my uncle and cousin but due to premature wear it didn't last long. I wasn't much a foot wear collector back then.

I didn't have any high cut foot wear until I got into college, I got my hands on a pair of Timberland boots, made in Korea though and were not original, I didn't care much about originality back then and was eager to wear a pair of those fabled "yellow" boots which were really famous till now. I got it raw, which were still yellow and furry.

But it didn't take long for that yellowness, furry to lost its original looking touch. In a year, the boot has lost its waterproofness and got damp all the time it rained. I always bring it jungle and a fair share of urban city trackking and it was a great experience at first. The inner part of the boots got worn and d inner leather was exposed.

It was really becoming uncomfortable to wear those pair of yellow boots, still it's a experience with those unoriginal footwear. Now I have a pair of white original "Made In USA" Timberland boots which I proudly wear whenever there is camping, hiking, rainy days and even during urban city walks. Really comfortable and recommended wear for anyone with tough attitude & high confidence.

Displayed above are a pair of high cut converse shoes which attracted my attention. I really want to grab a pair most probably but it not among my collection favorites (Adidas & Timberland) and also overspending. Those converse shoes are really God-send during a rainy day or a walk in the urban city or sandy beaches.

Might see me in a pair of these if I manage to find a UK10 at a reasonable price though, looking around and the biggest I can find is a UK8.5, not for me maybe..

No comments:

Post a Comment