Friday, January 21, 2011

Dear Child..

Figure 1: My little cousin, Jonathan and baby Jovenson.
A child is a stage in life which everyone has been through, some never passed that stage, maybe died under certain circumstances. Still I managed to survive that certain point of life, thanks to God. I still remember some of remnants of memories in my mind as a child.

I used to be a very naughty and ignorant one, who always doesn't listen to my parents. I remember my mum used to force me to brush my teeth, which I never liked as a child. My mum get fed up and eventually I was happy I didn't get to brush anymore. But eventually, my teeth got bad, and I cried the whole way to the dentist, and got my teeth pulled out.

I learn a great deal of things the hard way as a child, my mum say, don't touch the kettle, but i just ignored it and touch, which ends up with me crying of course as it was a great deal of pain to me. I also remembered playing with a stapler, which is fun to staple on tables, paper, rubber and I got bored and wonder how does it feels stapling my thumb. I did it without much thinking and you know what happens next.

Being a child, in my family means a lot as I am the first child, but when my sister is around I always remember being always jealous and wanting to take all the things she has. Well, being a child is not really innocent, as I keep doing a lot of annoying things which always gets me into trouble. As the eldest child, anything goes wrong, I'll have the cane instead of my sister, well that's life.

As a child, there is a lot of things to explore, as everything in this world is new, especially if I received something really cool, like a new toy, but the fun will only last the most like a week, as I would have either destroyed the toy by burning it, crushing it, or simply just throw it away.

Memories of me as a child is really vague, but I really dream a lot and I used to see things as a child, ghosts, or dark shadows and sometimes even bright fairy lights. Sometimes I dreamed of ghosts choking me up or eating me from the feet first. Nightmares occurs often, I told my parents about it but they always said that I'm full of silly imaginations.
Figure 2: Jonathan wonders "Is my picture taken?".
Now that I'm not a child anymore, though there are some people who stays a "child" until they are adults without even realizing it. Still in everyone of us, there should a partial child in the heart. A child always seeks to learn, easily forgive and forget, always wants to be close to parents and need all the love and attention. It is normal to be seeing cartoons at an adult age and still laugh with your child or child cousins, nieces or nephews.

So life is short, be happy and enjoy every second as it is your last, some may not even have that chance to live this long. Be blessed dear child.

No comments:

Post a Comment