Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Before I step deeper into 2011, there's a few mentionables about 2010

Since I've been very busy during the holidays, I've been unable to blog due to the lack of connectivity at Kota Belud. There's been a lot of movement during the course of my holidays, still not much real progress for my final year project, which I'll be struggling for during my last semester. Now I'm still in my first week of lecture, so there is a few mentionables which I've reserved just before I really step into year 2011.
Figure 1: My parent's 25th anniversary special.
The most special highlight of the holiday is my parent's 25th anniversary which is held in church. A special ceremony is held up for all the married couples for my family and it is a coincidence that my family is back to Kota Belud, so decide to join up, so I went through the task of being the honourable driver to do errands such as looking for my mum's bride dress at the bridal and up to photographing the event.

Marriages are meant to last and it's no on-off relationship which we can just make up through feelings, it takes principle and a lot of effort to build up. Lasting marriages is getting really rare these days. So I as a Christian, am also hoping to get married and have a lasting marriage as have my parents. They are my role models.
Figure 2: My steady girlfriend.
It's almost 3 years since we've started a relationship, and I feel that things are going to get better, there's a lot of experience that we've spent together, lots of studying together are among those bitter-sweet times. She has always been a motivation for me when tough times come, especially if there is set-backs during my final year project and also when facing tough tests, assignments and project. 

It's been fun to be able to sit together in a class with a special person, it makes me super concentrate during classes (not sure if this works for everyone though). I felt that meeting her was God-sent and that God knew that I need someone to strengthen me spiritually and keep me strong during the whole course of my challenging undergraduate.

Most of all, she loves sweet goodies, especially ice cream and also dark chocolate. Sweet girl, she is one.
Figure 3: Jump into the river, blurred.
Another notable feat is of course river jumping, well it's not such a proud feat but bathing in the river is something my brother has been looking forward to when returning back to the kampung. The river at my kampung which is Kg.Gaur, Kota Belud, Sabah, Malaysia is really clear river and has been a very famous bathing place. So I had a very enjoyable time with my little brother, I've spent little time with him, so it is something I also look forward to.

Still there is always danger when bathing, due to its strong current and at different times cold, cramps can occur. This happened to me recently during the semester break last year 2010, I actually went down into the water to check the depth but I can't reach it, it is really deep and when I tried to go up, the current below the water mixed with cold water caused me to lose stamina.

I got tired as I surfaced the river, my cousin was nearby luckily and it is still far towards the shallow part, I guess if he wasn't there, I could've drowned and not survived the year. God is indeed watching over me. Praises to the Lord.
Figure 4: Cloudy day at the tip of Borneo.


This is a recent trip to the tip of Borneo last December 2010, the day is cloudy and there is drips of rain falling, so the view isn't breathe-taking as it supposed to be on a sunny day. The year 2010 is filled with ups and downs and also struggles with self and there are goals which I haven't been able to achieve. Maybe the cloudy day might signify the year 2010 for me. It could have been better, yet I am thoroughly thankful for all the blessing which has been showered. 

God has indeed blessed me and I should be more open hearted in offering service to him.

No comments:

Post a Comment