Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Welcoming the Year 2011

I've not been welcoming the New Year 2011 well enough, so it takes me a few days to feel the coldness of the month of January to actually feel the New Year, as I had a fruitful holiday with little or no progress for my final year project, I've decided to spend the first day of New Year to comeback to my university.
Figure 1: My university in one of those evenings.
Am not actually in a mood, still the urge to graduate played an important role to motivate me to come early to university. Whatever my mood is, should not be put forward as an initial excuse for anything as my principles should come first. Last semester in universtiy should be filled with strive and perserverance.

While practising this year with NEWSTART, which is an acronym for N-Nutrition, E-Exercise, W-Water, S-Sunlight, T-Temperance, A-Air, R-Rest, T-Trust in Divine Power. This is something definitely big for me, as I am no health lifestyle person, I'm going to make it my immediate lifestyle as I believe health is more important than money. If interested, you can view the program here, NEWSTART Program.

Back at my university, I really haven't got much rest, as I've been very busy studying and completing assignments and projects. These tasks hasn't been kind to me throughout my university studies. So, as an average student, this year I am going to get my rest, but of course with a really packed day and weekend schedule.

Going to the gym should be one of my efforts for exercise, due to the air outside the place which I'm staying, lots of cars and noise, it does not provide the air quality that I require for my exercise, so I have to make extra effort to actually go to the gym and burn those calories, as I am overweight and my cholesterol level and uric acid in my body is bound to give me health problems.
Figure 2: My School, School of Engineering.
So, university life is supposed to be filled with happiness and healthiness, instead of stressful and sickly. There are people with lots of different experience but I am going to fill the remainder of my time at university to the best I can be and of course giving and spending time sitting at the feet of Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment