Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Picking up the pieces

Life has a way to give us an awkward feeling when there's something close in life which used to be there all the time but one day, God just took the breathe away and life feels empty without. It is awkward for me, even though I am not too sad, but the feeling of being empty resides in me.

This feeling is hard to take away, imagine me, just got left by someone I had a relationship with for years but suddenly out of the blue knowing that she doesn't loves me anymore, that emptiness only last for so long as it hurts. 

But the feeling of someone who's been in your life since small, someone who has lifted you up as a baby, taught lessons with the cane, scolded you like it's raining hell and at least played even a small role in shaping you into an individual. That is me. I felt so empty.

Despite the busy-ness in life, I can't help but to write myself out to express this emptiness. I just had my leave and spent time with that person, even though its for short, but since I've had so many memories and paved it solidly with that person. 

Even when he's gone, I have no regrets not saying this and that, but I felt empty instead.

He taught me that in life, no matter what I have achieve, I must be proud of myself, no matter how small or insignificant it is. What I learned is that my pride precedes me, and I must learn to lower myself and be humble. Appreciate everything that I've worked hard for and strive to be the best in life.

Thank you Grandpa, for being in my life, I am sorry I couldn't see you for the last time as I am overseas for training. I missed you and I hope we meet again, life is short but if it is filled with the best, even though it's for a small amount of time, I won't regret breathing my last.
Figure 1: Last picture I took of my proud grandpa.

2 comments:

  1. I am sorry for your lost.
    I am not quite sure what to say,but I've been into ur situation.

    Be strong.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Cher, its been sometime, but I still miss my grandpa so much.. Wish I can turn back time..

      Delete