Monday, September 30, 2013

4-hour memories

Last week I was blessed with a brief but memorable encounter with my good friend, Mr.Rynn. We used to work at the same company and have been good friends since then. While he is a very outgoing and enjoyable person, I respect his character the most.

Figure 1: Handsome guy.
My first job was a very challenging job, where I work 12 hours and only have 4 rest days per month. Since then I have moved to a normal 5-day job, but my friend is still there and going strong. He is a very patient and humble guy. Those are his strong characters.

Figure 2: An excellent bowl.
When I arrived around 9am in the morning, we had a simple Sarawakian mee for breakfast. We exchanged quite a long conversation, especially regarding his recent travel to Ho Chi Minh city at Vietnam which he recommended me to go if I have the chance.

Figure 3: Two to strike.
Rynn, is a very frugal person and always keeps a healthy lifestyle. He also gave me tips on how to be healthy and I believe for someone with an unhealthy lifestyle it is quite tough to change it. I will try my best to shift from unhealthy food to healthier alternatives.

Figure 4: Lost to Rynn by one point.
After breakfast, we went for a bowl, Rynn got some free tickets and we have just enough time to play a game. I never played bowling before and today I decided to try it out. Picking the right bowl and the correct stance to bowl is quite tough. A few bowl of mine went straight into the gutter.

Figure 5: Typical japanese conveyor style servings.
One of Rynn's specialties is that he organizes events very well, especially travel events. His friends are very lucky as from the tickets, guides, places to go until the hotels is researched and organized by himself. So, they only have to apply for leave, pay and attend. I'm signing up for next year's travel if he organizes.

Figure 6: Attentively choosing wisely.
We share a lot of similar way for thinking and ideas. He is a very smart person and a graduate from a reputable university. About an hour left, we decide to get lunch and we chose this healthy looking steam-boat based restaurant where you can eat all you want for an hour.

Figure 7: Eating a lot of greens won't make you too full.
The tips to not getting full is to not consume too much, rice, flour or fried items. So, I take as much vegetables, mushrooms and fish as I could. I have discovered that I have problems with my liver due to high intake of carbohydrate. I reduce my intake ever since and take liver tonic.

Figure 8: Sushi King.
I can't resist eating the sushi though, but I limit it due to its starchy carbohydrate nature. It is important to learn to eat wasabi with sushi if you can stand the heat. The taste of wasabi is like an explosion of heat in your mouth. Not recommended to chew until wasabi fully dilute in the mouth.

Figure 9: Chicken and tom-yam sides.
I had memorable times during the short four hours with my friend and I hope to meet up again. I am supposed to meet up with a few Indonesian friends but they aren't able to make it due to the security tightening at the township.

3 comments:

  1. Wa..Nice shooting, you're PRO man! Good describing with beautiful language too. Anyway, thanks for meet up^^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rynn.. Hope to meet you soon, wish to join in your next travel adventure..

      Delete
  2. Hopefully I have time to plan it but not this year..haha..

    ReplyDelete