Monday, September 16, 2013

Sandy wishes

Figure 1: The mini-canyon.
I was out and about town and I decide that my day wouldn't be complete if my legs cannot feel the sand. I set out and pack my bag with my camera but I didn't have a tripod. Without a tripod I felt crippled as it is my most needed tool for landscaping.

I left for the beach at about five thirty in the evening, to my shock, the beach is crowded with people. I haven't seen so much people these few days. As I walk and bask on the beach, the day was cloudy and inopportune to watch the sunset.

I felt so crippled but i decide to walk-around the problem and set the camera on the ground. Took a few pictures, some people are really curious as to what I was doing and I showed them. They smiled at my efforts to take the waves. It was a good day despite the cloudiness.

Water splashed into my camera, which resulted in ER99, which means that the water ingress causes the contact between the camera and the lens is lost. I wiped the contacts clean and cleaned up the camera. All is well. It is important that when attempting to shoot in adverse conditions, weather-sealing is considered.

Figure 2: As the water rushed at me.

2 comments:

  1. It's a must to protect your camera,
    i think you should get a simple Dicapac waterproof case.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Thomas for the recommendation,I did think of using plastic bag once, I guess a dedicated waterproof case is worth the investment. Thanks again.

      Delete