Saturday, September 7, 2013

My first trip to KT

Figure 1: Sunset on the first day.
I have been away from the island since early September and have been busy attending training. It is my first time going for training since I joined the organization and it is also my first time to the place which is situated North-east side of the Peninsular.

Figure 2: My friend's hometown.
I haven't have the chance to travel much around the area as I said, my time is occupied with training. I still make the best of my time to go and explore. The first place I ventured is predictable and most probable place I would explore, which is the beach.

Figure 3: KT's old street still alive. 
The beach is different from the island I came from, it is rough, deep and filled with bits and pieces of white crustaceans and corals. The water of the South China sea is warm and the beach goes deep into the sea by just going 4-5 meters from the shore.

Figure 4: The incense pot for prayers.
The Chinatown area is a very old area situated in the township. It has a small temple which has interesting artifacts of history about this area. The sculpture and age of the engravings seems old to me even though there are a lot of new renovated structures there.

Figure 5: The Shaolin temple.
Everyday, I went to the beach, for the sunrise and sunsets. As it is facing the Eastern direction, I can only see the sunrise. During the whole week, the horizon is cloudy and only the reddish and yellowish light escapes through the sides. 

Figure 6: Me at the Chinese village.
The people here, speak their dialect which sounds foreign to me but understandable. They are very friendly people and they love the beach. It is hard not to see people going around the beach during evenings, flying their kites or known as "Wau". 

Figure 7: My friend, Ray at the old Chinatown.
The food is also unique, there is the Lekor, which I consumed everyday when I was there. It is made of fish and it is either fried or boiled. I enjoy the fried version and don't hesitate to recommend it to anyone interested to go there.  

Figure 8: Premium silks and woven songkets.
I wanted to go to the islands but there isn't sufficient time, my friend, Ray, who is a local at the area, manage to spend some time with me and bring me around. There's so much to explore yet so less time. In this post I share some pictures of the places located in town.

Figure 9: Sunrise from the balcony.
The sunset on figure 1, shows the mouth of the river, where an old man was fixing his fishing net for a night's catch. Accompanying him is his wife, sitting on a matt while watching her husband work. The old folks are very friendly and when met with the right topic they talk a lot about their personal thoughts.

Figure 10: A cloudy sunrise every morn.
This place is a must go and I thoroughly enjoy it, I will go there for the islands next time.

6 comments:

  1. Hmm.. Going for training at Petronas, Kerteh Terengganu? Anywhr, I like the Figure 9 & 10 the most. You should go to Cherating Beach if you have more time on thr.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there Rynn,

      Training at Batu Rakit.. The sunrise here is beautiful but cloudy..

      Delete
    2. Perhaps September is monsoon season so the sky always with clouds, try to visit on dry season.

      Delete
    3. Yes, I will definitely visit the next time, for the islands.

      Delete
  2. The last photo is breathe taking..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The sunrise here is beautiful, I watched it everyday..

      Delete