Friday, September 13, 2013

Rest in peace

When the work gets tough and everyday seems like an eternity, or have been working for a week non-stop, you need to stop and take a break. A day a week is more than enough to re-energize yourself. Resting is a means to relieve yourself from work stress and take time to do what you enjoy.

It can be watching cartoon, going out to exercise, sleeping or even cooking your favorite meal. It is so subjective but very important to at-least rest for a day. My day of rest is on Saturday and this day is very important and significant to me. 

There are times when I ignored the need to rest and went on a working spree, but I ended up tired and stressed out like a zombie. There's no life when you work 26 days straight for a whole month just to get 4 off days. Thus, a need to rest every week is important.

I find that my performance at work is better and I am more cheerful when handling work stress. I can cope with anything if I fully rested. Every-time Friday ends, I would say to myself, Thank God it's Friday. With that as usual I will take time to capture the beauty of sunset.

Figure 1: Take time to relax, it is worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment