Monday, January 30, 2012

Brand Trial

Figure 1: The Logo.
I am really eager to try out something new yet not too extravagant nor too modern, yet selecting a pair of shoes different from my traditional brands is such a pain. I always choose a pair of shoes which has a slightly significant history through it, vintage and not too hype.

Knowing the history of the shoes makes me appreciate it's aesthetics as well as comfort. I eventually picked up a brand after a few days and Converse came into my mind, it is simple and also quite affordable. It comes in a lot of color ways and the soles looks promising.

The Converse brand symbol isn't a familiar one such as the swooshes in Nike or trefoils in Adidas, it is a star. I thought I've owned the oldest basketball shoes, the Adidas Superstar Vintage, yet I am wrong, the oldest basket ball shoes is the Converse All Star. The Converse All Star is then endorsed by basketball player Chuck Taylor.

I wouldn't bother writing much about the history here because just by typing "Converse History" on Google will direct you to your destination. I believe that all shoes in my collectibles should have at least a little hint of vintage history or I won't have them, this proves I'm not having Supra, Osiris, Macbeth or other newer brands.

So I ordered a pair from the net, a relatively cheap price of just $30 in my size. I wanted to try it out for a walk before venturing into the more expensive and limited editions of these shoes. Some pictures of the Converse CT spec OX just below. Grey colored textile and vulcanized soles. 
Figure 2: Side Look.
Figure 3: Front Look.
Figure 4: Hind look.
The color is so vintage and monochrome, that's one reason I took these pair so I would be more stealthy and less attention. I have a textile pair now instead of my buck-load pile of leather shoes. My first pair of Converse All Star, if this works out, I'll probably fish out those more expensive Converse pairs by John Varvatos for my collectibles. 

No comments:

Post a Comment