Monday, December 2, 2013

Tokina Japan

I would like to share the lens that I used for all my landscaping images on my Nikon D200. This is the only lens I would like need for all my landscapes if I can only have one lens. It is quite sharp at f4, but stop it down to f8-f11 it is really sharp. 

Figure 1: My wide angle lens.
Most people complained about flaring with the Tokina, fortunately, unless it is really direct to the sun, the Tokina doesn't generate much flare at all. If I put on the hood, the contrast of the images improves in bright sunny days.

Figure 2: Aspherical element inside.
This lens has a 77mm front element which matches most of the more expensive lenses. It is well built and it is really quite an affordable lens if you're interested in wide angle photography. This lens has a clutch type autofocus mechanism which is easy to engage when I want to manual focus.

Figure 3: 77mm filter thread.
If I have more money, the next lens I want to have for my crop sensor camera is the Tokina 11-16mm f2.8 which is a very sharp lens, well built and also affordable. Still, sooner or later, I have to upgrade my body too.

Figure 4: Tokina 12-24mm f4.
Still I wish there are more respectable ultra wides out there in the market, as far as I know, Tokinas are the best in the aftermarket brand. It even beats up Nikon's own crop sensored ultra wides in terms of sharpness. Most important is it is affordable for all enthusiasts like me.  

No comments:

Post a Comment