Monday, October 10, 2011

Missing my homeland

It's been about 2 months away from my homeland and I'm truly missing it so much. The food, places, familiar faces, friends & family alike and even the smell of the air there. It's truly different here, feels really out of place and unnatural, almost like a freshwater fish from the river put into an aquarium tank with different oxygen & salinity level. 
Figure 1: Beauty of a sunset.
Still I adapted and survived in this alien place which requires me to acquire a passport to actually stay and work here, this needs to be renewed like every 6 months. I miss my homeland, where the language is understandable and the food is glorious. Still like the fish, I adapted to life in the aquarium tank, kept alive with the prospect of just getting experience and of course greens.
Figure 2. The sun dies down slowly.
This reminded me of my last trip back to my homeland, it was with my sister who about 3 years have never been back and never been so much as to miss it as I do. Guess she's always with  family and that any place doesn't matters much they're around. A quote from my professor, Dr.Neelakatan Prabhakaran, "Sunsets in Sabah are the most beautiful compared to other places in the whole world".
Figure 3: Asneth.
This beautiful sunset is also witnessed by my sister who is rarely in our homeland. This beautiful sunshine which is rarely witnessed especially in other Western parts of Malaysia where the air is mostly less fresher and the environment isn't as fresh as our homeland. Just a minor comparison.

Figure 4: Wenddel@Jimmy.
Wenddel a.k.a Jimmy was also there, witnessing the sunset. Most of the time while I was at Sabah, whether there's fun activities or just plain boring hanging out, he's most of the time there. Sometimes he have some fun jimmy stories or sudden activity ideas but most of the time he preferred to be quiet and mess up with his mobile.
Figure 5: It's me.
Then there's me, always looking forward for a good time and experience, thinking of the most fun activities to do while relaxing at my homeland. I usually don't like to sport short hair, but as I grew up and entered the working world, this seems like a more ideal hairstyle as most people say I just finished form 5. But ever since I cut my hair, it's a more matured world out there for me.

All in all, I missed my homeland so much, will be back soon.. ;)

2 comments:

  1. best bah jalan2 tpt org.. experience is important! but homeland will always stay in our heart. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Best ba klo jalan2, yesss, experience is really important.. Guess I really missed my homeland..

    ReplyDelete