Friday, October 28, 2011

Imagination broadens..

Since I was a little kid, I hate to read. My life is filled with games, hanging out with friends and more games. I am a true example of a gaming addict, I grew so adept at my games that I even started to gamble real money online. It ended abruptly due to the relatively expensive internet bills which was a fact about 10 years ago.

I never had the passion to even touch a book, either spiritual nor educational. I have lots of books of course, bought by my loving parents, yet I barely touched them. Even reading homework given by my teacher wasn't read by me, but I simply asked my friend to eventually tell me the whole story.

I manage to make it through my high school days with decent results even by barely even touching a book unless forced onto me. I never had any intention to actually open up a book and start to eventually read and digest any information from it. Am I lazy or I don't have interest? I myself couldn't decipher myself at the time.

To keep the story short, when I reached university, I was forced to read in order to pass my tests, and it was never voluntary. I even asked my girlfriend to study ahead of me and teach me. This was usually futile as I have to read and actually teach her. So in the end, it's all about reading and studying just to survive university.

One day, my sister, introduced me to a book, she asked me to read it and of course I didn't. I didn't read it until I finally landed a job and started a new life as a working person. I found that I have nothing to do on my rest day and absolutely nothing of interest came to my mind.

So I opened my bag and found that there is a book in it, I was shocked as to find something which I really have no interest in popped right in front of my eyes. Finally, without much effort, I opened up the book and start to read. I fell asleep at the introductory paragraph, but as soon as I woke and start to read the first chapter, I simply got hooked. I don't know why.

I read it until the next day, I didn't slept the whole night. It was a truly magical book. It's a book written by Neil Gaiman entitled Anansi Boys. The book rocks, seriously. It opened up my mind and imagination by simply just reading. It's like a new music in me and that music really makes me dance inside out.
Figure 1: Anansi Boys.
I have to thank my sister for this gift. I can now read with a broadened imagination. Reading is now a part of my passion besides my collectibles. Anansi Boys a truly recommended novel.

No comments:

Post a Comment