Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Shingeki No Kyojin

Figure 1: Mikasa, the No.1 junior ace.
I can't resist to blog about this anime which caught my attention when my brother told me to watch it after he uploaded the series into my hard-drive. Shingeki No Kyojin or translated as Attack on Titan is about humans struggles against mindless giants which roams the world.

Titans have then forced humans to retreat and seek protection againts three tall walls made of thick stone namely, Wall Maria, the outer wall, Wall Rose the middle wall and Wall Sina, the innermost wall. The humans doesn't know much about the titans whose sizes varies from about 3 to 15 meters tall.

These titans have a strong desire to devour humans and the only way to kill them is to cut really deep into their necks. Thus the humans developed the maneuver gear which allows the user to attack the titans three dimensional-y. Even with this tech, it seems that humans are still easy kill for the titans.

Shingeki No Kyojin main characters are Eren Yaeger, his adopted sister Mikasa Ackerman and their childhood friend Armin. The story begins after a gigantic Colossus Titan, about 60meters tall, which is taller than Wall Maria, kick through the main gate which leads to a series of catastrophic events.

This story shows the desperation of humans wanting to live, the suffering of being devoured by titans, the dissapointment of soldiers trying to strike for glory yet met with utter destruction and death. It is very different than most anime out there.

So, for those anime lovers out there, I fully recommend this series as it is very intriguing and has that moment of suspense. The images in this post are drawn by my brother, Figure 1 and my sister Figure 2. My siblings are seriously talented in drawing. By the way, my favorite character is Mikasa Ackerman. 

Figure 2: Jean, sacrificing his own sake.

No comments:

Post a Comment