Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Reminiscing 2013: Night lights

As much as I love to capture the sunsets, I always end up coming home late from work. Last year, I was so busy, even till this January due to the work load I always missed or don't have the opportunity to even see the sun set into the horizon. 

Figure 1: Colourful shimmering night lights.
For me, living in an island, the most spectacular views are always early in the morning or when the sun is going to set. The golden hour, everytime I look at it it makes my stress go away. Still I can't make it all the time, so the night lights will do too.

8 comments:

  1. Beautiful! I live in an island too, and I know what you mean. Early morning, sunset, that golden hour. My island has shipyards, too, although they're way uglier and polluted than yours look, but you've inspired me to try and find beauty in them. Thank you! (And thanks for the spot metering tip!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Guilie, there's always beauty if we see things in a different angle and perspective yea? All the best to you.. :)

      Delete
  2. The colous make me want to map the waters to create some kind of structure. Very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lili, that is a very creative attempt.. :)

      Delete
  3. Woooowwwww!!
    I love this picture. Which shimmer and thus light.
    Great sharpness.
    Congratulations on a really successful flick.
    Kramizzzzz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lotta, really need to be on top of a steady tripod for this type of long exposure shot.

      Delete
  4. Yes it is a great stress-reliever, I feel so relaxed watching the sun set or rise.

    The lines of lights across the water here is an amazing image! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Duncan, it is indeed a great event to end a tiring and stressful day..

      Delete