Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Bicycles: Gift for lil bro

Ever since I am small, I have learned and enjoyed cycling, it brings out the fun in me and since I am not the kind of person who enjoys slow sports or constant speed, this is the perfect exercise machine for me. I have stopped exercising last year and my body is in such a bad shape.

Figure 1: Carbon fiber bars.
 I haven't been able to spend much time with my little brother, who is 10 years younger than me, as much as I wanted too, we are so far away and I only meet him a few times per year. I would like to share the joy of riding a bicycle with him too and if possible the whole family.

Figure 2: SLX shifters.
One of the most essential parts of a bicycle with gears is the shifters. The shifters consists of two, one for the front crank and the other for the cassettes. I have used fiddly and shifters of old, sometimes stuck in one gear and also failing to shift properly causing chains to rail out. These days, shifters are really smooth.

Figure 3: Aluminium alloy frame.
One of the most important safety aspects of the bicycle is the brakes, when going at a fast speed and suddenly your brakes fail, that is where accidents happens. I have upgraded the brakes from wire type to hydraulic so that, the braking mechanism is more powerful.

Figure 4: Carbon stem.
Figure 5: Rear derailleur, cassette shift.

Figure 6: KHS Spidi frame.
I used to be very carefree when I am riding my bicycle, sometime I was too un-focused and didn't look into what direction I am heading to, I ended up in the drain, it was a very painful experience. It is thus important to look ahead while moving forward and handle the bike with safety in mind.

Figure 7: Shimano rims M565.
Figure 8: Disc brakes and shocks.
For most of the part, I have upgraded the bicycle to give my little bro a better biking experience. There are still a few parts which I can't upgrade due to the escalating costs, such as the shock absorbers which cost quite a fortune. Maybe next time.

I really hope he enjoys this mountain bike as much as I do. Bicycles have a way to take out the fun young spirit inside of you, better health and quality life.

3 comments:

  1. Jättefina makorobilder on parts of the cycle.
    Of course, it is both fun and healthy cycling.
    Have a tip
    Kramizzzzz from a pig cold west coast

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I enjoy cycling very much, but the weather now is very unforgiving, raining almost 24hrs a day. I hope that the weather will improve soon and very soon, so that I can go cycling..

      Delete
  2. I am sure your brother will like it,
    at times when we grow up,
    separations with family members will happen.

    ReplyDelete