Saturday, January 11, 2014

Reminiscing 2013: Tiger Lily

Black and white photos stand in an arena of their own, where without colors it tries to portray an image by the intensity of black and white tones, texture of the image and almost purely by composition. It is easy to capture a black and white image with today's camera's but to create a stunning one is the challenge.

Figure 1: Lily in B&W.
I captured this lily using a fix focal prime lens. It allows me to isolate the lily from the other subjects as so to show its texture as well as shape. The light pink color of the lily is beautiful, but I decide to convert this image into black and white just to see how it does.

6 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks Marco!! I really liked this picture too..

      Delete
  2. Beautiful. The spot focus really makes this image special. You were right to choose this one to show in B&W; the colors would only distract from the pure lines of light and shadow, of haze and clarity.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Guilie!! It is really tough for me to see in black and white..

      Delete
  3. It's not too bad is it? The lily does stand out nicely but there's not much white colour to contrast with the dull tones. What do you think of your shot?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is quite hard for me to see in black and white but I really liked the texture.. :)

      Delete