Friday, January 17, 2014

Reminscing 2013: 5 days fury

It has been five days since I last wrote and posted, I have been very busy with work. It has been quite a stressful start of 2014 with sudden workload and emergent works to attend to, but I know that this is a challenging start for me.
Since I missed five days of the 2013 top photos, I decide to post 5 photos with short descriptions on why I have chosen these photos and the impact that it has given me for last year 2013. It has been a great year with fruitful experience.
 
Figure 1: The bride.
Last year, I have the opportunity to capture the wedding of my cousin at a church in my homeland. I was so happy to be able to capture the moment even though I was using such an old camera whilst the official photographers are using the best.
 
Figure 2: My dad and todu.
In figure 2, this shows the photo of my dad with todu, or his aunt, my dad was born and raised in the village area and he was raised as a farmer and almost don't made it to school if it wasn't for his mother. My dad has made a lot of sacrifice for me and my family.

Figure 3: Phoenix.
During this point of time, I was so sad that I wasn't able to capture the sunset due to the horrendous weather, this is what I am also feeling right now as it is rainy and the clouds always blocks the beautiful light. But whenever I see this picture of a rising phoenix, I smiled. 

Figure 4: Strike.
Capturing motion of the waves is one of my favorite subject when the weather is sublime and dull. This is one of the part of the beach in the island where the waves are slightly strong but doesn't crashes too hard on the sands. Motion capture fascinates me.

Figure 5: Droplet reflections.
It rained so much last year that I can't go out and capture much of the landscapes, so while it wasn't drizzling so heavily I used a macro lens and capture this droplet on the leaf, I was lucky to be able to get this shot as I wasn't supported by tripod.

So these are the five captures that I can share due to my busy schedule at work, which I am current at now. All in all I would like to give thanks to God for his abundant blessings in life.

8 comments:

  1. Love the sunrise and the water droplet. The rainy season has been bad in Kuantan, looking forward to regular sunshine and warmer temperatures again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yess.. looking forward for the weather to improve as well as find the time to capture those moments again..

      Delete
  2. Hello!
    Ohhh so nice that it was just the job that was in the way.
    I was a bit worried that something had happened.
    Thank you for five wonderful images with text to.
    You are absolutely the best.
    I love your pictures.
    Have a nice weekend.
    Kramizzzzzz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lotta for your concern, really appreciate it. Have a great weekend too..

      Delete
  3. Beautiful droplet,wish you a good year ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful photos! That droplet is magical. Glad you found time to catch up--we missed you :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Guilie!! Really time limited due to current workload.. :(

      Delete