Friday, February 4, 2011

Be still my soul

Times may be hard, and life may be painful, but if we leave our burdens and submit ourselves into his care, He will always be with us through those times, giving us comfort and strength when we can't even move.

Just sharing this beautiful song which can be found in the Church hymnal number 534. The title of the song is Be Still, My Soul which is originally written by Katharina von Schlegel, 1752 and translated to english by Jane Borthwick, 1855. The music piece is arranged and composed by Jean Sibelius, 1899;

1.    Be still, my soul: the Lord is on your side.
       Bear patiently the cross of grief or pain;
       leave to your God to order and provide;
       in every change God faithful will remain.
       Be still, my soul: your best, your heavenly friend
       through thorny ways leads to a joyful end.

2.    Be still, my soul: your God will undertake
       to guide the future, as in ages past.
      Your hope, your confidence let nothing shake;
      all now mysterious shall be bright at last.
      Be still, my soul: the waves and winds still know
      the Christ who ruled them while he dwelt below.

3.    Be still, my soul: the hour is hastening on
       when we shall be forever with the Lord,
       when disappointment, grief, and fear are gone,
       sorrow for forgot, love's purest joys restored.
       Be still, my soul: when change and tears are past,
       all safe and blessed we shall meet at last.

Sometimes, during troubled times, we tend to lose our faith and trust in the Lord, when Satan threatens us with dissapointment, grief and fear, we run and hide away from Jesus instead of asking for His protection and guidance.

This song has been sang to me, when I was in my lowest point of confidence, and my tears fell down, and I cried for I have forgotten all the time, that He has always been by my side, waiting for me to claim His promises to me.

Have a blessed day of rest, my family in Christ..

No comments:

Post a Comment