Monday, February 28, 2011

My 1st pair of Levi's..

This pair dates back even before my first year in university, I got this pair when I first stepped into a Levi's store which is located at Komtar, George Town, Penang. This pair just struck me due to its simpleness and looseness. It was really tight to me at the time, but now it fits real good, however due to my lack of knowledge to care for my denim, the colour got really faded, due to use as I use it almost everywhere, this pair is with me before I begin to even start collecting.
Figure 1: Frontal faded part of the jeans.
 The  jeans originally came with its own seasoning, however due to my excessive exposure to dirt and impurities, the dye came off due to frequent wash. I was very lucky that I cared enough to use the best detergents available to wash these pair of jeans, if now, surely the denim would rot and torn itself.
Figure 2: Back faded part of the jeans.
 The back part of the jeans is also heavily seasoned and there are parts of the jeans which is heavily under abrasion and causes the cotton to ravel a bit, luckily the area isn't prone to wear and tear. I believe these jeans are really super-tough and lasts. The tag still states that the model of the jeans which is 512 which has size of 34 and its original length.
Figure 3: The faded area and minimal faded area.
 The area of the jeans which are faded and minimal area of contact is also evident, and I there is a very huge difference in its colour. The minimal area is still quite blue in colour which really shows a big contrast between the two. Despite washing it, the area without much contact with sweat and residue remains very dark in colour. 
Figure 4: The copper rivets and innards of the jeans.
The copper rivets and also innards of the jeans which are the pockets are still as comfy as ever before. The material for pockets are made with very good cotton which is still very comfy to use until now. There is also no evident thread damage inside of the jeans.
Figure 5: Authentic Levi's zipper and button stamp.
 The zipper is still working well and of course there is that authentic button stamp M92, which states an authentic pair which is made in Malaysia. These made in Malaysia jeans are very superior in quality and I really eat into it, it is a pity that I only have a pair of these Malaysian made Levi's jeans. The care tag states 100% cotton and date of manufacture which is the July 2007 and M92 authenticity stamp.
Figure 6: The care tag still manages a readable display.
If there is another pair of Malaysian made Levi's jeans available in surrounding Levi's boutiques I would surely get another pair. This pair is definitely recommended.

No comments:

Post a Comment