Thursday, February 24, 2011

Superstars

Figure 1: A pair of Superstar 80s Plants.
The Adidas Superstar is my currently favorite pair of sneakers which I wear almost everywhere I go, to class I wear those white Superstar II CB which has lasted me from my 1st year in university. It is a little bit worn out but still in very good condition. Back then I wasn't aware about collectibles as I am now.
Figure 2: A pair of Adidas X Atmos Superstar 80s Snake skin.
Adidas Superstar's have protective rubber shells which protects your feet from impact, these are among the features that I liked the most besides the leather upper and comfortable inside padding of the shoes. The paddings in the Superstar doesn't shrink much and are still comfortable to this day.
Figure 3: A pair of Adidas X Porter Superstar 80s.
Now I have 3 pairs of special superstars which I keep, collect and wear at certain occasions, I believe that even though the shoes are for collection purposes but keeping a shoe without wearing really defeats the purpose of actually having a shoe, right? Still I love my collectibles by far and I won't ruin them.

Figure 4: A pair of Adidas Superstar 80s "Ponchoir".
There a a lot of designs for shell toes and I'm really at it when getting a pair of Adidas Superstars, despite its vintage design, there is a lot of joy in wearing superstars wherever you go, next time, I will try hiking up Mount Kinabalu in a superstar. Shoes are made for walking and the superstar is indeed a shoe fit for me.
Figure 5: A pair of Superstar Vin "Red".
Still there are a few types of superstar which are limited edition and quite out of reach from me, as they are limited in numbers and cost quite an amount of fortune. So, I'll just wait and be patient, hope that one day I'll be lucky or wealthy enough to own a pair of limited edition.

Its not about people looking, praising or showing off what you wear, but its about you, feeling comfortable and the joy of simply collecting these cool kicks.

No comments:

Post a Comment