Tuesday, February 8, 2011

An uncomfortable collectible

Figure 1: The infamous Timberland insignia.
Hello,

Day after day, I felt that I'm no longer eager to wear my Timberland boots, I've been wearing them like for 3 years straight, but I stopped for a while till I finally get to have a pair. After I finally get my hands on a 6inch timberland white leather boots, I get excited that I wear them the next day.

There is a strange feeling after two years not wearing those boots, maybe its because I've been using sneakers the whole time during university that I kind of felt light footed. The boots felt heavy and bulky that I can't even walk properly as I did the years back when I had my 1st pair.

I didn't wear it the next day, or the day after, I wore it to church but it got kind of too attractive and my girlfriend said that these boots looked like I'm going to the construction site to do some heavy duty work. She never liked the idea of me wearing it. So, I stopped using it for sometime, and it stayed un-utilized.

Finally, I decided to give it out, to someone willing to be its next owner, I realized that once a collectible is not utilized, appreciated and enjoyed to the fullest, it is best to finally let go to someone else. This is strictly only applicable to collectibles though.

Bye-bye boots.

No comments:

Post a Comment