Sunday, February 12, 2012

Strings

Couldn't seem to sleep and kept waking up, reaching out for something comforting but couldn't as it all seemed so faraway. Those strings which are music to my ears, aren't within my grasp. I remember every moment spent together, feeling and strumming those six strings in harmony.

Those feeling are so faraway without the instrument in my hands. I can't remember why I didn't bring my solid wooden panel guitar back then. Now since I am without, I realized my loss. I am a very forgetful person, even if the memories are there, to actually feel them I need those strings.

"It scares me if I feel numb and can't feel that memory."

Whenever I take hold of it, I can remember my friend, teaching me lead notes of "Nothing Else Matters" which is about 8 years ago and another friend singing to me Nicholas Tse's song, "Without Me" last year. There are other songs which reminds me of how I felt during every significant memory in timeline mode.

"I can't seem to remember how it feels to be singing to her on my guitar."

It's a shame I didn't have those strings with me right now. I'll buy a solid one next month, might be very expensive, but might be worth it for the feeling, just for that moment and whenever I can't sleep I can lullaby myself to death. For now, I'll just force myself to sleep.

1 comment:

  1. aww it is a shame, hope you get some sleep soon =) try drinking banana milk it makes you drowsy apparently xoxo

    ReplyDelete