Thursday, July 25, 2013

My favorite pastime

Everyone has something to do during their free time, it can be reading the newspaper or a novel. Or it can be going through a recipe book and getting ready to prepare a delicious dish for tonight. Or just a simple relaxing snooze on the rocking chair. There must be something for everyone.

Figure 1: Clouds passing by.

For me, I love looking at photo books, especially on landscapes and potraits. From these photos, I can learn and visualize on how to do composition and certain special settings for my own applications. I also enjoy looking at pictures from other blogs and other source of professional images.

Figure 2: Golden glory.
I enjoy creating an image with something special in it. An image with soul and hidden beauty. I even tried hard as to learn how to use new techniques such as using filters. My images before that are quite bland, and this new filter using technique improves it a lot. There' ,much more to learn.

Figure 3: As the fisherman paddled by.
Still using low quality filters though as expensive ones are really expensive and for now I have to make do with what I have. My tripod is sturdy enough but very soon I need to find a new replacement as its legs are getting quite problematic. Will procure these stuff once financially steady.

Figure 4: Smeared skies vs land.
My favorite pastime is photography. I wished I learned it a little earlier in life but better now than never right. Whatever your pastime is the most important thing is to do it with passion, never give up and always be ready to take the challenge. Cheers.

1 comment: