Thursday, July 11, 2013

Silent night

Figure 1: The Sea view of Pulau Enoe.
There are times when the nights seems to have no way for dreams. That is when I decide to wake up and find something to shoot. Not so good at night photography yet but am trying to find opportunities and trying to learn to get the best results.
Figure 2: Black and white in the dark.
My camera doesn't do great at higher iso than 400 at night. It would look so grainy that you wish you took your photos in black and white. Even the loss of detail and colour is terrible to the extent that people won't even shoot my camera. 

Figure 3: Clear skies at the tip of Borneo.

If I had a lot of money, I would probably stick the best lens and buy the best full body camera I can get my hands on. Nikon of course. Night photography is so spectacular that you wish that your camera handles hi isos noiselessly.

Figure 4: Cloud explosion at the tip of Borneo.    

What I love about darkness is the long exposures and endless things you can do to make your photos look surreal and light so unreal.

Figure 5: Waiting at the bustop to go home.

No comments:

Post a Comment