Monday, July 15, 2013

Quick fix

A lot things goes broken every second in this world, watches stop suddenly, cars breakdown in the middle of the road, laptops gets overheated and many more things can happen. It doesn't just simply occur without any reasons, there lots of reasons.

Figure 1: My jammed tripod and unsteady head.
First is neglect and no care after use. This happens to my tripod which I just owned early this year. It wasn't an expensive tripod, but it was steady enough for usage, and by usage, I use it very extremely. It wen't from sea water, rivers and many walks of life.

But due to the fact that I never take time to clean my tripod nor service it with oil, it is just a matter of a few months, the tripod jammed on me, leg release snapped off, shaky base plate and rust. That is just a small list of problem, the worst of all the tripod is unsteady.

Figure 2: A steady tripod is essential for landscapers.
I love landscape photography and especially enjoy long exposures. However, my tripod is an Achilles heel for me. Getting another one is pricey, as I plan to get a really good quality one from Manfrotto and for now, budget is still tight.

Figure 3: Vibration and unstable tripods are a bane to long exposure.
For now I have serviced my tripod, tighten the shaky parts, though some of the legs aren't releasable anymore, that have to make do till I get a new one. Lesson learned. Always practice preventive maintenance whenever you are.

No comments:

Post a Comment