Saturday, November 9, 2013

Wedding capture

Wedding photography is something special as it captures the moments of the wedding day itself, it requires one with passion and anticipation to capture each important moment. Most of the time, wedding is a once in a lifetime event, thus the paid wedding photographer plays a very important role.

Figure 1: Groom on horseback (Wide).
I have the chance to shoot a few weddings this year, I am not a wedding photographer, but I am passionate about photography and love to capture the moments. So, after some experience, I have encountered limitations in my skills as well as equipment that I owned.

Figure 2: Bride on horseback (Wide)
Firstly, I am used to using wide-angle lenses and prime only. Not so used with long range zooms as I have yet to own any. Since I have one body, I am fixed to either using the wide angle or prime lens. I find this a limitation when changing lenses, I miss the moment. So two bodies?

Figure 3: Bride and groom on their thrones (prime).
Why full frame? I am currently using an old crop sensor camera which ISO setting which I dare to use is only 400 and this is very limiting when using in dark venues and especially when the weather is bad. Thus this justifies the use for full frame which is great at 1600-3200 and 6400 when shooting RAW.

Figure 4:Bag o gifts (Wide).
A strong TTL flash should be a must if you have to use low ISO. This is also another limitation I have as in the dark, I tend to leave shadows on the couples face which isn't good. My core photography is landscape and by no means I might be wrong. Just some of my thoughts.

2 comments: