Thursday, November 14, 2013

Mere excuses

Figure 1: No excuses for sunsets.
I am full of excuses, I have been making excuses here and there to avoid doing things that I don't enjoy. I am so good at making excuses and able to convince others to accept my excuses that I tend to slack off from my studies and also responsibilities.

One day, I woke up one day, feeling so hurt by some excuses made by another, a promise made to me was broken by a simple excuse which cost me hurtful experience. I found that that simple excuse is used to cover a broken promise. An excuse can be a lame white lie.

Ever since then, I tend to do my best not to make non-factual excuse just to escape my responsibilities and have the easy way out. I know that one of those excuses will hurt those who I hold important to me, most of the time, when I wasn't even realizing it. 

I want to simply do my best, to avoid all those lame excuses. Even though the process will be tough, I know I will learn and persevere despite the turbulent challenges. I will never make mere excuses again, for I have experienced the painful way.

No comments:

Post a Comment