Saturday, November 30, 2013

Freeze action

In landscape photography, it is crucial to capture the moment, movement as well as the feeling during the scene. My most captured scenes are of course, sunrise and sunsets which I love to capture due to the beautiful colors it produces. The golden hours are my most favorite time of the day.

Figure 1: Motion subtly frozen.
In work, action is required in order to put the plan into motion. While words are equally important for communication, without the necessary actions, no work can be produced. That is why, action speak louder than words. It is the culture of pro-active action which defines one's performance.

Everyone sees action, in my photography, I always want to freeze it up and frame it in a photo, however, in order to add motion and action, one needs to use slow shutter in order to capture the rustling of the grass, trees and flow of the river or waves. 

In order to do that, it is important to support your camera using a sturdy tripod and for longer exposures, to use shutter release in order to minimize shake and maintain the sharpness of your images. This requires practice over and over again. 

Figure 2: Sprayed water of different velocities.
All in all, action freezing using the correct technique to tell the story is indeed challenging but I'll do my best. 

1 comment: