Thursday, August 8, 2013

Care Less

Figure: Light ray shining across.

I've been up and about these days looking for interesting things, still not much seems to pop out of this island. It seems that hope is fading and the weather is getting worse. Can't have a decent sunset until then, but this one little thing that is spreading around is bothering me.

One of it is,

"The less you care, the happier you will be"

When you think about the quote above, it seems to empower the person with promise of happiness when you care less. I wonder how will that work? Why can caring less, make yourself happier? I can't imagine the closest people to me caring less about me. I would be utterly miserable.

Another is,

"Just keep moving forward and don't give a shit about what anybody thinks. Do what you have to do, for you" 

This is a very famous yet really selfish quote by actor Johnny Depp. It really focuses on yourself, your own self-development, your own advancement and your really don't have to care about how people around you are doing. 

You step on others even when they have complications due to your own decisions. "Well, who cares" is one of the words that are really hurtful for those who have tried their best to meet expectations yet remain invisible to those who are superior.

Being selfish, or being focused to only yourself will only ruin you in the long run, it seems to be today's trend to make yourself feel good by reading and trying to apply these quotes, but as all other quotes these came out from humans too.

Give these fifty cents a thought, I bet it will make you and other people around you more happier. I think the best quote that I would like to share is,

“If you have a candle, the light won't glow any dimmer if I light yours off of mine.” 
― Steven Tyler

No comments:

Post a Comment