Wednesday, August 7, 2013

What are gears?

Figure 1: Mirror mirror on the wall, which is the best lens of them all.

This is a big question for all photographers, especially photography freaks who collect gears but rarely utilize it. This is not such an issue for people who are lucky enough to be financially blessed with a lot of money. But for me, since I have limits in my spending I monitor my lust daily.

Having the best gear, but not using the correct technique to use the lens is a fail in the face. It is also true, when you simply just buy it just because other photographer recommended it as a good lens. If your passion is not in that zoom range then, its always best to skip it.

Pros always says its all about the lenses, well that's true, if you have a wide selection of lenses according to your brand, then stick to that brand. Jump ship or changing brands is really quite a waste of money. Always changing camera bodies one generation after another is also another common indicator.

For me, since I am just taking photos as a hobby, it doesn't make sense to invest in the most expensive gear. I just can't afford it. So I take second hand stuff, I help those wanting to dispose their unneeded gear and I utilize it fully till it can be properly disposed.

For now, I am a Nikon user and have only two lenses which I always use. One wide angle lens and another fix focal large aperture lens. I enjoy photography and it has opened a door which has once closed to me after I left drawing. It relieves me from worries of the world.

So keep to your passions and let those creative energy flow instead of gear acquisition.

No comments:

Post a Comment