Sunday, August 25, 2013

A small act of kindness

Today was an eventful day, so I have hoped for a smooth day, but things just don't always work out as planned. This is predictable but then without the glitch I wouldn't been able to experience this extra-ordinary act of kindness.

Figure 1: When you leave this world, only your deed are reminisce. 

I planned for a sunset on the evening, but the urge to go cycling was strong, so I decide to rest my camera on the table and go out cycling on that supposedly beautiful evening. I cycled from my home to the beach where I get to see with my own eyes a beautiful sunset.

I saved that in my limited mind memory and decide to head back home. As I cycle back towards home, it was already getting dark, with the highest gear I paddled to reach home as fast as I could. Suddenly the ride got rough and the back tire is out of air.

I brought a small pump with me, but to no avail as air gusts out of the tire easily. So, without further ado I get ready to push the bike a long way back home. I wasn't discourage by this and I didn't find a reason to complain, I was amazed that I am not miserable at all.

Still a long way and a hill away from home, a white old 1.5 tonne lorry passed me, I didn't notice as a lot of vehicles pass-by which is normal. Then it does a U-turn on that tight road and came back to me honking. I looked and saw two elderly uncles calling to me, Boy, do you need a ride home?

I say, I'm fine, it's just a little more walk, which isn't true. The uncle driving the lorry insisted me to follow. So I lifted my bike and climbed up the back of the lorry, but the uncle say, Don't sit there, come here into the cabin. So with full obedience I followed.

The uncles were contract workers working under the state's power utility company and they were seasoned men. They mentioned to me that, there was nothing to do at home, and it's a hot day so they decide to go out for a walk. They pity me for pushing the bike especially when it is at night.

I was amazed again today, and this small act of serendipity has touched and instantly made me ponder. They send me right up to my doorstep, as I shook their rough hands, I thanked them, three times, but more in my heart.

They are good people in this old old world and despite what others think, life isn't bad at all.

Figure 2: Life in a caged small world.

2 comments: