Saturday, August 3, 2013

The star

Figure 1: An eventful sunset on the other-side.

I am always curious about the starfish. Why does it's shape resembles a perfect five pointed star? and the fact that it is moving and alive. I manage to encounter a live starfish during my last outing. It certainly doesn't look pinkish like Patrick but it is quite an interesting discovery for me.

Figure 3: 5 pointed starfish.

I wanted to go to the other side of the island but due to the horrendous jam, I didn't manage to go there. So I settled on this part of the beach facing away from the sunset. I was quite devastated as the view on other far side of the island is spectacular and I missed it. Oh well, another day.

Figure 3: Spotted star fish.

Back to the stars. Now star fish or sea stars are echinoderms and belong to the class Asteroid-ea. Echinoderms are marine invertebrates with five part tube type bodies which are radially symmetrical. So far I have only encountered this brown one, there are other colorful ones to find.

So, I'll keep looking for other types of these five pointed little things which always hides under the sand.

No comments:

Post a Comment