Sunday, August 18, 2013

Wishes for the night

Figure 1: The milky way.
When the night comes and the world turns into a state of dark, I am still wishing to capture some essence of light in the darkest state of time. As a small kid, I enjoy staring at the stars when the skies are clear. The beauty of those light from the distance is beautiful and breath-taking.

Earlier last week, I've waited for the Pleiades meteors to show, I didn't manage to capture nor see it due to the cloudy sky. There are a lot of instances when I missed the milky way directly above my head due to the light pollution. There are so many limitations to my photography due to my current kit set-up. 

I currently need a good iso 3200 camera with a f2.8 aperture opening lens. This is so that the lens opening and sensor will be sensitive enough to gather light from the dark sky. Will look into this soon, as I am still yet to afford a full-frame sensor and a lens for it will be pricey.

These are my little wishes to capture the beauty of the night, the moon at its full glory is also one of the attractions of the night. The clear skied night certainly holds a lot of surprises, there's much to capture as any sunrise or sunsets.

Figure 2: The night skies when it is clear.

1 comment:

  1. I didnt get to watch the meteor shower cause it was cloudy and raining that night... lucky u! :D

    ReplyDelete