Saturday, August 10, 2013

Learning the hard way

Ever since I went to school, I have been spoon fed with knowledge, large spoonful of information which I sometimes am not even aware of or not interested of. I never find learning at my school engaging or interesting. I tend to dream off and draw while rejecting the spoon-fed food.

I am different, I do not like to receive something, without giving anything back, such as effort or diligence as in the end, it will be in vain and it is as if I have receive nothing. I might be such a selfish brat, as people around me, especially my whom parents are already trying their best.

I learn the hard way, I need to be pitched into tough trials and experience the heat, then I know that I have learned something. This way of learning is very painful and there are times when I had to bow my head down low and be mocked. It really hurts.

In the long run, as I matured, I have to always remind myself, to keep myself updated and always be aware of my surroundings. Everything changes, people, times and season follows with it. A storm might be coming which can destroy everything and the next a bright sunny day.

No matter what your preference for study is, there shouldn't be a reason not to learn. Never give up no matter what your method is. Learning should only stop once your breath flows out of your body. It is a life long commitment to learn and be a light to the world.

Figure 1: The wind of change.

4 comments:

  1. as the saying goes 'learning is a lifelong process'

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. agreed sir, learning is a life long journey..

      Delete
  2. Still remember us jumping up and down after getting to know our UPSR results... those were some good old days

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes bro, still remember those care free times and fun times during primary school.. will cherish that part of life forever..

      Delete