Thursday, August 15, 2013

Goal!!!

Figure 1: The final round.
A sports tourney earlier this month was a demonstration of an epic story about sportsmanship. This team, organized just a week before with just enough team members to participate in my homeland wide street soccer "futsal" tournament.

The captain, who is a pastor, played for the whole tournament. They barely able to rest till the next game, yet they continue on fighting to do their best for the goal. I am not sure if they even have time to strategize and have proper training but all of the player are very skilled.

The team faces heavily trained teams with endless substitute, they went on playing filled with spirit and confidence. Of course before every match the team captain, gathers together the teams and prayed for a good match.  

Not satisfied to place yourself only into the semi-finals, but able to get through and enter the finals. Stamina drained and continuous playing leads to players fatigue with not enough substitute. Still they fought a great game and grabbed the second prize.

I enjoyed taking photos of the whole game and I felt that spirit in each one of you guys. Most of all I believe that, God is with you guys all the time. A tournament well played.

Figure 2: Semi-final round.

2 comments:

  1. U didn't join in the fun bro? The first picture is clear but the second one was affected by backlighting... can be save with a little photoshop touch up la :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't manage to play as I was working but I made it to watch them play for semi-final and the finals.. Yup, supposed to face them against the sun, my bad.. :D

      Delete