Sunday, March 11, 2012

Photography revisited..

After years of testing different type of imaging devices namely the camera from different brands namely Sony, Canon, Nikon and so on so forth, I have to decide on a system if I am to grow in my newly acquired expensive hobby. 

I am currently using the mirrorless digital single lens reflex camera (dslr) but I decide not to grow in the Sony system due to the fact that the system itself is too expensive and the solid build just isn't there. So I guess, that is a no to the Sony system. 

I've tried Canon various times and I actually liked it's affordable mid range dslr which is solidly built and has very fast frame per second capture. The lens availability and collection for Canon is also abundant and has affordable good lenses.

Still there is something about the controls and ergonomics as well as the inability to set auto iso in Canon which I personally dislike, but I certainly would recommend it to every hobbyist like me. So Canon system is not my choice despite being an excellent one. While there's a saying that the Canon is made by engineers due to it using very sophisticated technology. 

While Nikon, is made by photographers, I as a hobbyist am very happy to hold even the oldest Nikon dslr camera I managed to get my hands on which is the D70, despite its age, it still works, hand operated and feel perfectly like a camera built just for me.

With that said, I'll go for Nikon and build a system from that, not a professional system just one that can make me a very enthusiastic hobbyist. While carefully selecting lenses which be a great investment, so that when I finally can upgrade from DX dslr body to FX dslr body which is full-frame, this way I'll make full use of all my investment.
Figure 1: Kiokie with his Nikon D80.
I wish I've started a long time ago though. This is going to be a very interesting journey. 

No comments:

Post a Comment