Saturday, March 24, 2012

Random people

I was out early this morning looking for something nice to eat. So I went to a small stall sat down, ordered a plate of fried rice "Chinese cooking style" and a glass of hot chocolate. I shared my table with an man nearing his 40s. That particularly ordinary man was looking very confused at his hand phone.

My order reach me and I turn my gaze from that ordinary man to my food. Looking at the steam and nice smell from the Hokkien fried rice, I slowly ate it with slight glee. As I chewed my food and swallowed, I reach out to grab my drink, I saw the man was still confused and persistent in pressing his hand phone buttons repeatedly.

I ate half of my plate and felt a bit uncomfortable, then I asked him, "I'm sorry for asking, but what's the problem?" 

The man turned his confused face to me and answered, "I can't seem to read my messages on my hand phone".

"Let me take a look", he gave me the hand phone and I tinkered with it for a while. It is an old Nokia handphone, if I'm not mistaken a model N70, one with the sluggish Symbian. It seems that his phone memory got full and he can't send or receive any messages. I just switched his messaging mode to memory card and it is sorted out.

The man was so happy he said, "Praise God". I was taken back a bit when he said that quite loud and clear, but I managed to smile and was so glad that by a simple deed, God's name is praised. 

I am so randomly blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment