Thursday, April 26, 2012

Forgive & forgetfulness

I've recently been approach by a fellow colleague who has been ignoring every initiative and attention I've given to provide the right hints to the successful completion of his project. Due to his late submission for his part of the project, other team members who have already completed their share are also affected.

This leads to a week-long late project submission to an important client which resulted in a very bad impression to my team and me as the project head. I am not angry nor disappointed due to this but my other team-members are enraged. As my personality goes, I'll just keep silent and see how it goes.

Today, the project is already finalized and due to better solutions our team has provided, we headed out to the township to celebrate. Since I don't drink, I've had a great dinner and even got forced into singing. The fellow ignorant colleague was also tagging along.

It seems that he wasn't aware that people around him were heated up but because of the project success things cool down. I though he forgot totally about it until I think he drank a little bit too much and suddenly went up to the stage to grab the microphone, sang a sad song and begged for forgiveness.

Well, that's quite a show, I am astounded as well but still can't say anything much. I'm a forgiving person and I will feel bad if I'm not forgiven. In my heart, even as he ignored me through-out the course of the project due to being more experienced and a fraction older, I forgive him.

Even so, despite my forgetfulness, I can't seem to forget what he did even after I've forgiven him. I guess it's just me. Despite how much it irritates, offend or hurt you forgiveness is a must. It must be quick and immediate as one will never know when one leaves this living world.
Figure 1: Courtesy of Google.

No comments:

Post a Comment